Super Saw Palmetto Plus Pygeum
This product is basically worthless. They charge a crazy amount for a prostate supplement that doesn’t even have 3mg of sterols! Look at that lab report it is a total disgrace – not need to say more other than this is another great reason why our lab reports are so valuable. Very disappointing. Total scam.
Super Saw Palmetto Plus Pygeum Supplement Facts
Super Saw Palmetto Plus Pygeum Lab Report:
©Copyright Digital Health Media, LLC.
Al right reserved.
- Glynn RJ, Campion EW, Bouchard GR, Silbert JE. The development of benign prostatic hyperplasia among volunteers in the Normative Aging Study. Am J Epidemiol. 1985 Jan;121(1):78-90. PMID 3964994
- Homma Y, Imajo C, Takahashi S, Kawabe K, Aso Y. Urinary symptoms and urodynamics in a normal elderly population. Scand J Urol Nephrol Suppl. 1994;157:27-30. PMID 7939451
- Berges RR, Kassen A, Senge T. Treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia with beta-sitosterol: an 18-month follow-up. BJU Int. 2000 May;85(7):842-6. PMID 10792163
- Berges RR, Windeler J, Trampisch HJ, Senge T. Randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of beta-sitosterol in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Beta-sitosterol Study Group. Lancet. 1995 Jun 17;345(8964):1529-32. PMID 7540705
- Klippel KF, Hiltl DM, Schipp B. A multicentric, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of beta-sitosterol (phytosterol) for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. German BPH-Phyto Study group. Br J Urol. 1997 Sep;80(3):427-32. PMID 9313662
- Wilt TJ, MacDonald R, Ishani A. beta-sitosterol for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review. BJU Int. 1999 Jun;83(9):976-83. PMID 10368239
- Wilt T, Ishani A, MacDonald R, Stark G, Mulrow C, Lau J. Beta-sitosterols for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD001043. PMID 10796740
- Von Holtz RL, Fink CS, Awad AB. Beta-Sitosterol activates the sphingomyelin cycle and induces apoptosis in LNCaP human prostate cancer cells. Nutr Cancer. 1998;32(1):8-12. PMID 9824850
- Duan RD. Anticancer compounds and sphingolipid metabolism in the colon. In Vivo. 2005 Jan-Feb;19(1):293-300. PMID 15796189
- Awad AB, Fink CS, Williams H, Kim U. In vitro and in vivo (SCID mice) effects of phytosterols on the growth and dissemination of human prostate cancer PC-3 cells. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2001 Dec;10(6):507-13. PMID 11916349
- Awad AB, Gan Y, Fink CS. Effect of beta-sitosterol, a plant sterol, on growth, protein phosphatase 2A, and phospholipase D in LNCaP cells. Nutr Cancer. 2000;36(1):74-8. PMID 10798219
- Awad AB, Downie A, Fink CS, Kim U. Dietary phytosterol inhibits the growth and metastasis of MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells grown in SCID mice. Anticancer Res. 2000 Mar-Apr;20(2A):821-4. PMID 10810360
- Awad AB, Downie AC, Fink CS. Inhibition of growth and stimulation of apoptosis by beta-sitosterol treatment of MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells in culture. Int J Mol Med. 2000 May;5(5):541-5. PMID 10762659
- Awad AB, Williams H, Fink CS. Phytosterols reduce in vitro metastatic ability of MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells. Nutr Cancer. 2001;40(2):157-64. PMID 11962251
- Medizinische Klinik, v.77 (1982), pp. 520
- Current Therapeutic Research, v. 55 (1994), pp. 776-85
- Beta-sitosterols for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10796740/
- Efficacy and Acceptability of Tadenan (Pygeum Africanum Extract) in the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH): A Multicentre Trial in Central Europe - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9787978/
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
We want to make it perfectly clear that we are not giving or recommending medical advice. This website is intended to be educational and informational only. You should check with a doctor or a qualified licensed health care professional before taking any of the products mentioned on this website. These products are reviewed and rated and recommended based on independent laboratory analysis, survey sheets received from men around the country, discussions with researchers, doctors and natural health industry personnel and based on the websites' operators' personal opinion and should not be viewed as absolute scientific conclusions. All opinions and reviews on this website are the opinion of, and were written by Fred Buckley, the president and owner of Verified Nutrition, the owner and distributor of ProstaGenix. The information contained on this website is intended to educate and inform you of natural products designed to help improve prostate health and not to treat, cure, prevent or modify any disease. Neither Fred Buckley or Digital Health Media, LLC assume any liability for the information contained herein. The publishers of this guide do have a financial interest in some of the products reviewed herein. The mention of any celebrity or other name in this guide does not constitute an endorsement of this guide, or any product mentioned herein.
Larry King is a paid endorser of ProstaGenix.